Last updated: May 21, 2018
Privacy of our visitors is one of our highest priorities. This policy details the measures we take to preserve and safeguard your privacy when you visit or communicate with our site or personnel.
If you have any questions/comments please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information we collect
Proved.co users – please read this document.
2.2. Information we collect about Website visitors
Website visitors are those who are just visiting our website.
- Contact information (for example an email address)
You might provide us with your contact information, whether through use of our services, a form on a website, an interaction with our sales or customer support team.
- Usage information
We collect usage information about you whether you interact with our website and service. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, and so on.
- Device and browser data
We collect information from the device and browser you use to access our service. This data includes your IP address, operating system version, and browser type.
- Information from page tags
We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our website. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by us include page tags that allow to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them.
- Log data
Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, pages viewed, operating system version, browser type and timestamp.
- Referral information
If you arrive at Proved.co website from an external source, e.g. a link on another website, we record information about the source that referred you to us.
If you are registered at our Website we will also collect:
- Registration information
You need a Proved.co account before you can use our service. When you register for an account, we collect your first and last name, password, email address, and optionally company name.
- Billing information
If you make a payment to Proved.co, we require you to provide your financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date).
- Your own lists of respondents (emails)
We allow our Enterprise clients to import email addresses so you can easily invite people to take your surveys. We don’t use these email addresses for our own purposes or email them except at your direction.
- Survey data
We store your survey data (responses) for you and provide analysis tools for you to use with
respect to this data.
3. How we use the information we collect
We process personal data about you either with your consent or in order to
- Fulfil our contractual responsibility to deliver the services to you
- Improve service experience
- Develop new products and service features
- Contact information
We use contact information to respond to your inquiries, send you information as part of the services, and send you marketing information for as long as you do not opt-out. You can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in emails.
- Usage information
We use information about how you use our services to improve our services for you and all users. We collect information about the pages you visit on our website to help direct you to other relevant pages and help you in using our service.
- Device and browser data
We use device and browser data to troubleshoot problems with our service and to make improvements to it. We also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
We collect this to help us improve your experience through a specific device/browser by optimising how the website looks in a particular browser and to ensure the service operates optimally on different devices, browsers and in different locations.
- Device and browser data
We use device and browser data to troubleshoot problems with our service and to make
improvements to it. We also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Information from page tags
We collect information from page tags to allow us to determine the success of our advertising
campaigns. We also use page tags to allow the email sender to measure the performance of their email messaging and to learn how to improve email deliverability and open rates. By clearing your cookies in your browser settings you will no longer see personalised messages but you may continue to see ads on the internet that are not based on information you provided to Proved.co.
- Log data
We use log data to monitor abuse and troubleshoot
- Create new services, features, content or make recommendations
- Track behaviour at the aggregate/anonymous level to identify and understand trends in usage of our service
- Fix bugs and troubleshoot product functionality
Your IP address is used to determine where an unauthorised access may have occurred in your account, as well as to deliver you the correct version of the website.
- Referral information
We use referral information to track the success of our referral programs.
- Your Account information
We need to use your account data to run your account, provide you with services, bill you for our services, provide you with customer support, and contact you about your account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature, e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services and policies, a welcome email when you first register. You can not opt out of these emails since they are required to provide our services to you.
You can object to us using your information as described above bout our ability to fully and properly provide our services to you may be impacted if you do not want us to collect or use the above information.
- Your data
We use your Proved.co test responses on an aggregated level and anonymised basis, but we will never use or sell or share individual response data or identify / contact individual respondents from your lists except on your request or where required by law.
When we do analysis of response data we only do so once we have ensured the anonymity of individual respondents (by aggregating and anonymising the data). Our primary goal is to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the responses.
Proved.co uses data in the ways described below:
- We aggregate Proved.co test responses and analyse them to deliver the core of our service, i.e. benchmark scores.
- We aggregate responses, activity and behaviour of Respondents so that we can identify trends, build product features that optimise responses, make product recommendations to increase response rates.
- We extract and analyse usage patterns. By understanding response data and respondent interaction we can improve our service and ease of use; improve analysis of responses; improve user experience (e.g. by collecting and using device and browser information from Respondents to improve how our service operates on those devices and in those browsers); identify insightful data trends, which never identify any individuals.
4. Information you share
Our service let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it can be indexable by search engines. Our service provide you with an option of sharing and deleting your content but we cannot delete content from search engines so you need to be careful about information you make public.
5. Information we share
We do not share your information or data with third parties outside Proved.co except in the following limited circumstances:
- If you are a Customer, a part of an Enterprise team using Proved.co your account information and data will be shared with the primary administrator, and your test data may also be visible to other members in your team.
- To help us provide certain aspects of our service we use trusted partners. In particular, we use third parties to:
- Facilitate our email collectors for sending surveys by email to Respondents.
- Facilitate customers in making credit card payments.
- Deliver and help us track our marketing content
- Help us track website conversion success metrics
- Manage our sales and customer support services to you
We always ensure that our partners comply with the highest levels of confidentiality and best practice in privacy and security standards.
- To make our website easier to use. If you use the “Remember me” feature when you sign into your account, we store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Proved.co.
- To provide you with personalized content. We store user preferences, your location, device and browser information, your profile information which, so we can personalize the content you see.
- To advertise to you. We, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, we evaluate which ads are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services. If you don’t want to receive ads that are tailored to you based on your online activity, you may “opt out” of many of the companies that are involved in such tailoring by going to https://www.aboutads.info, https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ or, if you’re located in the European Union, at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Opting out in this way does not mean you will not receive any ads; it just means that you will not receive ads from such companies that have been tailored to you based on your activities and inferred preferences.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, we have implemented on our website certain Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our websites may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
You can choose to remove or disable cookies via your browser settings.
This website is hosted by Windows Azure, a secure cloud computing system. Windows Azure servers are protected with best practices security technologies to prevent unauthorized access. You can find more information on Azure's on their website: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/legal/.
We provide means for you to make payments through third party payment providers. The transmission of sensitive information collected on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We encrypt your data in transit using secure TLS cryptographic protocols.
8. Data Retention
If you hold an account with Proved.co we do not delete the data in your account. You are responsible for and control the time periods for which you retain your data. If you want to delete your account and/or data please email at email@example.com.
9. Safety of Minors
Our service is not intended for and may not be used by minors (individuals under the age of 16), neither as customers nor as respondents. Proved.co does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Personalised marketing
We provide opt out options in all direct marketing emails. If you do not wish to see personalised marketing content on the web related to our service you can clear the cookies in your browser settings.
11. Who is my data controller?
12. Your rights
Some of you (in particular, European users) have certain legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
Rights which you are entitled are:
- Data access rights
- Right to restrict processing
- Right of Rectification
- Right to Erasure
- Right to object to processing
- Right to withdraw consent
- Data portability rights
Where you hold an account with Proved.co, you are entitled to a copy of all personal data which we hold in relation to you. You are also entitled to request that we restrict how we use your data or object to some aspect of our treatment of your data. You can access a lot of your data in your own account when you log in. However, if you want to obtain a full copy of all your data or to request a restriction / limitation in how we use your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Proved.co also enables you to export your own response data from our system in a variety of formats so that you can back it up, or use it with other applications.
Where you have responded to a survey sent to you by our Customer, using Proved.co service, you will need to reach out directly to that individual or organization to discuss managing, deleting, accessing, restricting access to or otherwise withdrawing consent for use of, the information which you provided to them in your responses. Proved.co does not control your response data and, accordingly, is not in a position to directly handle these requests in relation to that data. If you are having difficulties finding this Customer you can contact us through our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will try our best to help you.
Where you wish to exercise any of the above rights with respect to the categories of Respondent data described in this policy for which Proved.co is a data controller, please contact at email@example.com.
If you are a customer located in the European Union, you may request a list of sub-processors who assist Proved.co in the provision of the services. In order to obtain this list you must request it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Exercising your rights
Our contact information for privacy inquiries
Bojole (UK) Ltd t/a Proved.co
Highbridge Oxford Road
If you are a resident in the European Union and you are dissatisfied with how we have managed a complaint you have submitted to us, you are entitled to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.